Today is just a half day tour but with the great view of Vilcabamba mountain range and its Salkantay glacier in the distance, also the beauty of the different snowcapped peaks there are on the sacred valley. As a big complement, the experience to explore the farming laboratory of Moray where the Incas were adapting the natural formations to construct these fascinating terraces which look carved into the rock as well the salt mines of Maras which is well known as producing center even since pre-Inca time and now you can observe Quechua-speaking locals harvesting salt with the same centuries-old methods that have been used since remote times. When we are done with Salt mines, still Chinchero with its colonial church and its ruins. Chinchero also is a colorful town where the people keep alive their local traditions, undoubtedly it will be a great experience
Places to explore:
- Salt mines – Salinas de Maras.
CHINCHERO – MARAS – MORAY
We will meet atyour hotel at 8:00 am.on the way driving to Chinchero we will be able to see all the fascinating mountain ranges that there are in the surroundingarea, once in Chinchero we stop to explore this town where the church has Inca foundation and was complement with adobe also we explore the archeological site with its terraces. Afterward we drive for 30 more minutes; again de views are getting better and better specially the Vilcanota mountain range with the snowcapped peaks and the unique scenery of the andean plateau.
Once in Moray we will have plenty of time to explore this farming laboratory; Moray has an interesting topographyand the Incas were adapting the natural formations to construct these 3groups of terraces which look like a bowl, each one with a complex system of terraces and irrigation, the terraces have varied microclimates depending on how deep into the bowl they are located. After we drive along 30 minutes until salt mines of Maras where evaporation pools create uneven terraces all the way down the steep-sided valley, you can observe Quechua-speaking locals harvesting salt with the same centuries-old methods that have been used since pre-Inca times. Then we return to your hotel in Cusco.
- Pick up at your hotel.
- Bilingual English speaking guide.
- Private van to visit all Inca places.
- Ticket for salt mines.
- Bottle of Water.
- Original passport.
- Warm jacket.
- Sun protection.
- Some money for souvenirs.
- Money in soles to purchase BTG tourist ticket (70 soles).
- If you are a student, take your ISIC card (only works for the 10-day Boleto Turistico).
Boleto Turístico (tourist ticket)
You have the Option to Purchase a 1 Day or a 10 Day Boleto Turistico.
- The partial ticket or 1-day ticket: costs70 soles (US$22) and is valid for 1 day. You can visit many sites as you like in one day with no further charge; there are no discounts with this ticket.
- The general ticket: costs 130 soles (US$43) and is valid for 10 days, allows you over the next 10 days to enter to 14 cultural and archeological sites in Cusco, the sacred valley and south valley.
- The cost for students under 25 (with the presentation of a valid ISIC card) and for teenagers under 18 (with the presentation of an identity card) is 70 soles (US $20). Children under 11 are free.
- The tickets for Saqsayhuaman, Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Moray, etc. Cannot be sold individually, you must buy the Boleto Turistico, and you must pay in soles, no credit cards or US dollars are accepted.
Here is a list of sites where you can use your Boleto Turistico General:
- Puka Pukara.
Important: These entrances are not included in the Boleto Turistico General.
- The ticket to salt mines.
PRICE –the price is based on your group size.
- 2-6 people: US$ 180.00 total.
- 7-10 people: US$ 250.00 total.
***please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking