You can travel and enjoy a panoramic train journey, through the green lands and valleys of the Incas surrounded by the sacred mountains and white peaks forming a complex narrow valley where the Incas left waystations and sophisticated terraces, even travel along the valley where there was an Inca trail connecting the highlands with the cloud forest, basically with Machupicchu. Arriving to Aguas Calientes then continuing by bus toward the lost city of the Incas (2,400m./7907ft.) catch your breath and explore this magical and mysterious place known by the ancient people as Machupicchu ‘Sacred Old Mountain’, take your time to hear the history of its past and have an incredible experience in one of the new seven wonder in the world.
MACHU PICCHU TOUR BY EXPEDITION TRAIN – 1 DAY
We pick you up from your hotel at 4:00am, then drive in our private van to Ollantaytambo Train Station to leave on 6.10am toward Aguas Calientes. Travel through the highlands surrounded by white peaks forming a complex narrow valley where the Incas left waystations and sophisticated terraces, even travel along the valley where there was an Inca trail connecting the highlands with the cloud forest. Once in Aguas Calientes train station your guide will meet you around 7:30am and transfer you toMachu Picchu on the shuttle bus. Following in the ancient and remote footsteps of the Lost City of the Incas, listen carefully the 2.5 hours of guided tour and cultural exchange of the history of Machu Picchu. You will then be gifted with free time to explore, take photos, or hike to the Sun Gate until 12: pm. Returning to Aguas Calientes, you will have time to catch lunch and take the early evening train at 4:22pm with Expedition train to Ollantaytambo, where we transfer you by private van back to your hotel in Cusco, arriving approximately by 8:30pm.
- Transfer from your hotel to Ollantaytambo train station.
- Expedition train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- Bilingual English speaking guide.
- Round-trip bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu.
- Admission ticket for Machupicchu.
- Expedition train from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu.
- Transfer in a private van from Ollantaytambo to your hotel.
- Entrance ticket for Machupicchu Mountain or Waynapicchu mountain (is not possible of a one-day tour due to the schedule).
WHAT TO BRING?
- Original passport.
- Small daypack.
- Fleece or jacket and rain poncho.
- Hat, sun protection, insect repellent.
- Water and snack.
- Some money for souvenirs, tips.
If you are a student, take your ISIC card.
PRICE –US$ 327 per person.
- Student Discount (with active green ISIC card):US$20.00
- Under 15 years will pay as student:US$20.00
- Under 7 years Discount:US$35.00
***please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking