The short Inca trail is for those who want to visit the most beautiful Inca sites in Machupicchu national Park, just starting at Chachabamba Archeological site on the route will encounter plenty of astonishment vistas comprising snow-smothered peaks and green valley where is running the sacred river of the Incas, as well as lot of flora and fauna where we find more than 400 species of birds and similar number of orchids, as well we explore Wiñayhuayna Inca site which a magical and mysterious place. Also present on the trail the colorful hummingbirds and the spectacled bear. The part of the Inca trail that sends most trekkers starry-eyed, however is the moment when we arrive at the Sun Gate and first fix your eyes on the mysterious Machupicchu below. Next day go back in the time exploring the majestic Machupicchu.
Day 1:Cusco – Chachabamba – Wiñaywayna – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes
We will pick you up from your hotel at 4:00 am. (we will confirm this time at the moment of the briefing). Then we will go to Ollantaytambo where is the train station and to take the train towards ‘Chachabamba’ or Kilometer 104 (2,100 m./6,890 ft.). Here we will have our first control point as well we will show our tickets and passports. After few minutes we go to the first archeological site known as ‘Chachabamba’, where we will have time to explore this beautiful place surrounded by the local green vegetation. Afterward we go up hill for along 4 hours until ‘Wiñaywayna’. On the way we will be able to enjoy the Urubamba valley and all its beauty with the sacred river at the bottom as well the first view of ‘Machupicchu mountain’, finally we reach to ‘Wiñaywayna’, 2,650m./8,700ft. (eternally young) another amazing Incan site, here we will have as well the option to explore this amazing Incan site as well your guide will continue explaining you the history of the Incas. Still 20 minutes to reach to the lunch spot and to the next control point (average time to stay there is 1:00 pm). from here we will join to the classic Inca trail path, afterwards one hour following the andean flat to reach to ‘Inti Punku’ or (Sun Gate), on this way still the green scenery with the sounds of the local birds are living in this national park, the spectacular views of the mountains and again the Urubamba river at the bottom. From the Sun Gate (2,720m./8,923ft.) we will have the first view of Machupicchu in all its majesty. Plenty time to enjoy the views! then 45 minutes downhill reaching directly to Machupicchu, exactly where we can take the classic postcard picture. Finally, by bus 30 minutes until Aguas Calientes (2,040 m./ 6,691 ft.) and check-in at your hotel.*this afternoon you have the option to go and enjoy the hot springs (this is not included).
• Meals: Snack, box lunch, and dinner.
• Accommodation: Hotel.
• Distance: 13 kms. – 8 mi.
• Average time hiking: 6 hours.
• Considered: Easy/moderate.
• Weather: Warm - hot.
• Minimum altitude: 2,040 m./ 6,691 ft.
• Maximum altitude: 2,720 m./8,923 ft.Day 2:Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu tour – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
Today we will wake up very early, due to is Machupicchu´s day!!! breakfast will be organized at your hotel and then we will walk 10 minutes until the bus stop and wait there until 5:30 am. when the buses start to go to Machupicchu archaeological park, is 30 minutes to reach there and then enjoy the sun rise (if the weather allows).We will have 2 hours a private guided tour. After, you will have free time to re-explore on your own, or to climb Machupicchu mountain or Waynapicchu mountain (must be arranged ahead of time).Afterwards again by bus to Aguas Calientes, where your guide will be waiting for you in a local restaurant to enjoy the last lunch (this lunch is not included), you should be 30 minutes in advance at the train station and wait for the departure time, 2 hours by train till Ollantaytambo station then by our private van 2 more hours until Cusco directly to your hotel, (in Cusco we will be around 8 pm.)
• Considered: The most important and unforgettable day!!!
• Weather: Hot – humid.
Included in the Inca Trail 2D
• It will be done one night before the trek, and here we will tell you all the specific details about the trek.
• Bilingual English speaking, experienced professional guide.
• Two hours guided tour in Machupicchu.
All the tickets:
• Admission ticket to the Inca trail and Machupicchu archeological park.
• transfer from the airport to your hotel.
• Pick up in a private transport to Ollantaytambo.
• Train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Chachabamba (starting point of the trek).
• Bus ticket from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes.
• Second day; bus ticket (round trip) Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes.
• Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
• Private van from Ollantaytambo to your hotel.
Accommodation and hotel:
• 1-night hotel in Aguas Calientes, if you book your hotel just let us know. (Upgrades are always possible).
• Two breakfast, one lunch and dinner.
• All our guides have received training in first aids from a Physician.
• Emergency first-aid kit.
• Oxygen tank.
• Walking sticks (Pair): US$10.
• Last lunch in Aguas Calientes.
• Tips for the crew.
• Walking Poles: US$10.00 per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended).
• Private hotel room: US$30.00 per night for solo travelers with single room.
• Waynapicchu Mountain: US$35.00 per person (Please request when you book your Trek).
• Machupicchu Mountain: US$30.00 per person (Please request when you book your Trek).
PRICE - USD 470 per person.
This price includes 3 stars hotel and the 18% of taxes.
• Student Discount (with active green ISIC card): US$20.00
• Under 15 years will pay as student: US$20.00
• Under 7 years Discount: US$35.00
***please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
Essentials for the Inca Trail 2D
You have to take with you for this trek.
• Original passport. (very important).
• Valid GREEN ISIC card, (if you booked as a student)
• Small day pack – 30 or 40 L. for hiking in the day.
• Comfortable hiking boots.
• Sun hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
• Rain gear: rain jacket, rain pant.
• Plastic poncho - we will provide you one.
• Insect repellent.
• Swimming suit.
• Value things.
• Snacks like dry fruits, chocolates, etc.
• Personal medication.
• Extra money (dollars or soles) for souvenirs, drinks, tips, etc. at least $100.
• Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste.
Note: beside the main briefing done the night before the trek. Your guide will explain you every night about the activities to do and what to bring in your backpacks next days.