The Huchuy Qosqo trek will share with you the stunning views of snow-capped mountains, local communities, extraordinary vegetation and Archeological sites, the trail goes from the mountains reaching to high passes over the Andes and through the Sacred Valley of the Incas with unforgettable views of incredible scenery ending at one of the wonders of the world: Machupicchu. This alternative is for those who love to travel in quiet places.
Day 1:Cusco – Tauca – Huchuy Q’osqo – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
We will meet at 6 am. in your hotel then we start driving to the small village of ‘Tauca’ (3,750m./12,303ft.) the beginning of our trek. Here we will be on the andean terrain with typical andean valleys, where we have a big variety of potatoes, corn, quinoa and other andean tubers. As we ascend towards the pass at (4,750m./12,300ft.) we will see that the landscape starts to change to the classic high andean savannah or Puna, with the local vegetation, specially the high altitude grass or Ichu. From here also we have a great views of the mountain ranges with the snow-capped peaks of Pitusiray, Chicon and Veronica. After the pass we will start to descent toward Huchuy Qosqo plains. On the way we will be able to see archaeological remains, and the flora of this place even cactus and the purple flowers of the tarwi. Continuing downhill we will enjoy the natural formations of boulders and rocks. Once at Huchuy Qosqo (little Cusco) located over 3,650m./11,975ft. we will explore this Inca complex,we will see the very fine stonework in a large Kallanka (rectangular hall), some residential and defensive quarters, agricultural terraces, also here your guide will share with you Inca history. Afterwards we will continue downhill to’Lamay’ at 2,900m/9,514ft. where our van will be waiting and then driving to Ollantaytambo, the place where we will catch the train towards’Aguas Calientes’ (2,040 m./ 6,691 ft.). Then overnight in a Hotel.
• Meals: Snack, lunch and dinner.
• Accommodation: Hotel.
• Distance: 16 kms. – 10mi.
• Average time: 7 hours.
• Considered: Moderate.
• Weather: Cold – warm.
Day 2:Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Cusco
Today we will wake up very early, due to is Machupicchu´s day!!! breakfast will be organized at your hotel and then we will walk 10 minutes until the bus stop and wait there until 5:30 am. when the buses start to go to Machupicchu archaeological park, is 30 minutes to reach there and then enjoy the sun rise (if the weather allows).
We will have 2 hours a private guided tour. After, you will have free time to re-explore on your own, or to climb Machupicchu mountain or Waynapicchu mountain (must be arranged ahead of time).
Afterwards again by bus to Aguas Calientes, where your guide will be waiting for you in a local restaurant to enjoy the last lunch (this lunch is not included), you should be 30 minutes in advance at the train station and wait for the departure time, 2 hours by train till Ollantaytambo station then by our private van 2 more hours until Cusco directly to your hotel, (in Cusco we will be around 8 pm.)
• Considered: The most important and unforgettable day!!!
• Weather: Hot – humid.
Included in the 2 days trek
• It will be done one night before the trek, and here we will tell you all the specific details about the trek.
• Bilingual English speaking, experienced professional guide.
• Two hours guided tour in Machupicchu.
All the tickets:
• Entry fee to Machupicchu.
• All tickets for the trek.
• transfer from the airport to your hotel.
• Pick up in a private transport to the starting point of the trek.
• Private van from Lamay to Ollantaytambo.
• Train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
• Bus ticket (round trip) Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu.
• Last day, train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
• Private van from Ollantaytambo to your hotel.
Accommodation and hotel:
• 1-night hotel in Aguas Calientes, if you book your hotel just let us know. (Upgrades are always possible).
• Two breakfast, one lunch and dinner.
• All our guides have received training in first aids from a Physician.
• Emergency first-aid kit.
• Oxygen tank.
• Walking sticks (Pair): US$10.
• Last lunch in Aguas Calientes.
• Walking Poles: US$10.00 per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended).
• Private hotel room: US$30.00 per night for solo travelers with single room.
• Waynapicchu Mountain: US$35.00 per person (Please request when you book your Trek).
• Machupicchu Mountain: US$30.00 per person (Please request when you book your Trek).
PRICE - USD 395.00 per person.
• Student Discount (with active green ISIC card): US$20.00
• Under 15 years will pay as student: US$20.00
• Under 7 years Discount: US$35.00
***please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
Essentials for the Huchuy Qosqo 2 days trek
You have to take with you for this trek.
• Original passport. (very important).
• Valid GREEN ISIC card, (if you booked as a student)
• Small day pack – 30 or 40 L. for hiking in the day.
• Comfortable hiking boots.
• Sun hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
• Rain gear: rain jacket, rain pant.
• Plastic poncho - we will provide you one.
• Insect repellent.
• Value things.
• Snacks like dry fruits, chocolates, etc.
• Personal medication.
• Extra money (dollars or soles) for souvenirs, drinks, tips, etc. at least $100.
• Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste.
Note: beside the main briefing done the night before the trek. Your guide will explain you every night about the activities to do and what to bring in your backpacks next days.